SASGOG RESIDENT REPORTER PROGRAM
“… I considered the SASGOG Resident Reporter program an extremely valuable experience. I learned a lot, of course, as expected given the number of lectures and workshops throughout the day. But what made SASGOG special was the nurturing culture of a group with a shared vision.…The Society for Academic Specialists in General Obstetrics and Gynecology strives to create a network for academic generalists, and I left the meeting truly believing I had a place within this network.”
– 2019 Resident Reporter after attending the 2019 SASGOG Annual Meeting
Registration includes attendance at the SASGOG Annual Meeting.
Qualified Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- PGY-3 or PGY-4 Obstetrics and Gynecology residents in good standing from an ACGME accredited U.S. or Canadian OB/GYN residency training program, that is a SASGOG Supporting Institution.
- Have shown a strong interest in the field of Academic General Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Available to attend both the SASGOG Annual Meeting and the joint ACOG/SASGOG scientific session.
- Approval of the Residency Program Director
- Submission of CV/ Resume
- Submission of a 250-word essay on a pre-determined topic.
Responsibilities of the Resident Reporter
Resident reporters are matched with a SASGOG faculty mentor prior to the meeting. The mentor meets with the resident reporter at the meeting, providing support and suggestions during the program and mentoring the essays described below.
- Resident reporters submit a 800 word essay. The essay should be related to a lecture, breakout session or discussion from the SASGOG Annual Meeting that was meaningful to the reporter. Working with their SASGOG mentor, the resident reporter develops this essay and submits it to SASGOG. All essays will be published on the SASGOG website.
- Resident reporters are to provide an active social media presence through Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. during the conferences.
Activities During the Meeting
- Active participation in conference facilitation
- Official introduction of the resident reporters during the lunch session of the SASGOG Annual Meeting
Typically, applications are solicited in the 4th calendar quarter. For more application information click >> https://sasgog.org/resident-reporter-application/