Pearls of Exxcellence
SASGOG’s Pearls of Exxcellence (exxcellence.org) is a collection of documents that help Residents and Practicing ObGyn’s stay up to date on common conditions and their management. The Editorial Board continuously reviews, reaffirms and/or revises the library of articles to maintain relevant and up to date content.
Periodically the Editorial Board reaches out to find authors for new articles and major revisions to existing articles via the SASGOG website. All authors must be certified by ABOG and be members of SASGOG. If you are not a SASGOG member, you can join via the SASGOG Membership Page. If you are interested in contributing (or have questions), email pearls@SASGOG.org.
2022 Call for Authors
SASGOG is seeking authors for the following new Pearls of Exxcellence articles:
- Management of Depression in Pregnancy
- Medical Management of Ectopic Pregnancy
- Medication Abortion (Add telemed)
- Management of lactational mastitis
- Evaluating Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in Chronic Pelvic Pain or Dyspareunia
- The Use of Testosterone Therapy in Women
- Management of Malpositioned IUDs
- Work up for recurrent pregnancy loss
- Diagnosis and management of molar gestation
- Management of vulvar dysplasia
- Decreased sexual interest/arousal disorder – female orgasmic disorder
- Evaluation and management Listeria exposure and diagnosis in pregnancy
- Blood transfusion for obstetric patients
- Essential concepts in perioperative huddles and time outs (Patient Safety)
- Just culture: balanced accountability for systems and individuals during safety event reviews (Patient Safety)
- Trauma informed care in the gynecology clinic: creating a safe environment to improve collaborative care (Patient Safety)
Although some prior writing experience is preferred, we will look at all applications submitted. If the editors determine that a mentor may be of benefit to the potential author, we can assist authors in finding an appropriate mentor if they are unable to identify someone with significant experience that could assist them.
Click here to complete the online form. Deadline to apply is on or before April 15, 2022.
All authors must be certified by ABOG and be members of SASGOG. If you are not a SASGOG member, you can join on the SASGOG website.