Research Home > Research Announcements
Research News & Events
SASGOG 12th Annual Meeting: May 2024 – Call for Abstracts
SASGOG announced the call for abstracts for the 12th Annual Meeting, to be held on May 16, 2024. The submission period is now closed. Volunteer abstract reviewers have received their assignment and will complete scoring by February 15.
Submitting authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection, and if accepted, oral or poster presentation, by mid-March 2024.
A limited number of meritorious abstracts will be accepted for oral presentation. For poster presentation, additional information will be provided upon acceptance of the abstract.
Women First Research Coalition (WFRC) Update
- WFRC cochairs and leadership met with the leadership of NIH Center for Scientific Reviews (CSR) to discuss ways to improve the review process for NIH grant applications for OB/GYN departments.
- Interested members of SASGOG with appropriate research background are encouraged to volunteer as NIH grant reviewers. Volunteers are asked to complete this form and submit their CV or resume by January 31, 2024.
- The White House launched a new initiative for Women’s Health Research.
- The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM) formed a committee to assess NIH Research on Women’s Health to identify any gaps.
Academy Health Dissemination & Implementation Conference Update
- Rebecca Hamm, MD, Assistant Professor, Maternal Fetal Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Jennifer Callaghan-Koru, PhD, Associate Professor, College of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Check out more information about the NIH-funded Maternal Health Research Centers of Excellence through the IMPROVE Initiative.
Dr. Rose Molina, Assistant Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology at Harvard Medical School, is the 2023 recipient of the SASGOG Excellence in Research Award.
Dr. Molina discusses her work published in JAMA Network Open, “Comparison of Pregnancy and Birth Outcomes Before vs During the COVID-19 Pandemic” and advice for producing high quality, impactful research manuscripts.
SHARING PUBLICATION NEWS
Do you have any peer-reviewed publications with a SASGOG member as first or senior author to report? Please share! Your submission is sure to inspire and encourage other SASGOG members!
SHARE YOUR GOOD NEWS
Have you recently received a grant? SASGOG members are interested. We’d like to share your news with fellow SASGOG members. Please take 5 minutes to share the information about your grant via the button below.